Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Birthday!

I'm now 21! My birthday was yesterday and it was such a fantastic one! We kicked it off early on Monday night by going over to Jessie and Steve's to watch the latest episode of the Bachelorette. I know, I know, the show is so dumb but I got hooked. All of our friends watch it (well all the wives and the husbands are dragged along) and so it originally started as just a way to socialize, but I'll admit - I got hooked. It is so cheesy and dramatic, it's great.

So after the Bachelorette Grant and I, Ben, Lindsay and Preston, Cory, Parker, and some of Cory's friends all went to play sand volleyball. We had some really good games going for just over an hour, and then the light's turned off on us. So we decided to go out to ice cream (because at this point it was close enough to midnight to call it my birthday and everyone let me choose!) We decided on Yozone, and Steve and Jessie met up with us as well.

We sat around chatting for about an hour and a half and ended up deciding that we're all going down for a Vegas trip the weekend of August 13-15. I'm so excited! Lindsay and Preston know of a really great 5-Star hotel we can stay at that's really nice, and not too expensive. Plus Jessie and Steve said they were looking for Cirque du Soleil tickets and the show "Love" (with all the Beatles music) is only $55 per ticket! So that is the plan so far, and I'm really excited! I just love our friends!

Then the next morning was really nice because Grant is usually gone before I wake up (he has really early morning class) but when I woke up he was there! He had slept in to be with me a little in the morning, which was a really great treat! And even better, Grant showed up around noon where I work with a dozen beautiful roses for me and a Happy Birthday balloon! He is the best husband ever!

Up until this point no one at work knew it was my birthday, so though the balloon might have been a bit embarrassing it was awesome because everyone realized it was my birthday and kept talking about it! Plus one of the girls that I work with even went out and bought me a bunch of candy - she is great!

Grant also took me to lunch to a great pasta place that I love, and it was so nice to be able to see him for a little bit during the day! I got my favorite, Penne Rosa with Parmesan Crusted Chicken:


And when I got off of work, Grant made me the most delicious dinner ever! He went and bought tons of vegetables, and some shrimp and meat and we had a little hibachi-style dinner, where we cooked the food as we ate. It was so so good! And we have tons left over, so we get to keep enjoying it for many more meals  :)

He also had gotten me a great couple of gifts! He got me/us a humidifier, which we need desperately. We are both from really humid areas and can't stand this dry weather. And it's one that is also a cooler, so hopefully that will help me sleep at night!
 He also got me Alice in Wonderland in HD! I am SO excited! I love love loved that movie, and he hasn't even seen it yet so we'll have to watch it soon!

And Grant got me one of those head massages with the wire hands. They are amazing! And I used to have one but it's back in CT, so he got me a new one. (He probably did this so I wouldn't ask for so many head massages haha)

And lastly, he got me Rapid Lash! This expensive little product is magical. You put it on your eyelashes before you go to bed and after a couple of weeks your eyelashes grow in much much darker and thicker. I've now been using it for about 3 weeks and it has worked so well! Unfortunately I'm running out and Grant was really really kind to get me a new bottle! Not to mention he's the one that puts it on my eyelashes every night - talk about an act of service! He is really the best :)

And then after dinner we topped my birthday off with a huge bonfire up the canyon with all of my friends. Courtney and Kelli came along with Miranda and her boyfriend Daniel. And then Steve and Jessie, Lindsay, Ben, and Cory and Parker and some friends. It was so great! We has smores and Miranda made me cupcakes. She is the best!

So this year's birthday was amazing, mostly due to my amazing husband. For the longest time I had no idea we were even doing anything for my birthday - he completely kept me in the dark about all the plans for the dinner and bonfire, and like I already said the flowers/balloon/ and lunch was a complete surprise! He made my birthday so special, and I love him even more for that.








2 comments:

Sloane Phillips said...

I'm so glad he DID have a plan after all and wasn't really going to have your honeymoon be your birthday celebration :)

It sounds like you had a great birthday and I wish that I could have been here for it.

Love you!

Lindsay Anne said...

A+ husband.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...